View Single Post
Old 12-18-2007, 06:38 PM

Default no longer a alpha klinik patient ;)

Hello everyone,

Thank you so much for all your good wishes. The last few days have really flown bye. (thankfully) And I hate to say this, because it is early and everyone will react differently to surgery, but it really has not been bad at all. Especially when I remember the pain I was in at times, just laying on the couch with the tv on, hoping the night would be over soon.

Certainly everyone is incredibly pleased with my 3 level progress and there is no one else to thank other than Dr Z.

Sorry Laura we missed each other, I'll be here til the 26th, so if you'd like PM me for contact info. But I'm pretty ok thank you for offering. My ex wife and daughter are coming thursday to make this into a more memorable experience. Kind of strange not being home for xmas.

Thanks also to Mark for checking up on me (I'm not one of his clients either) and I really have much more personality Mark than what you've seen

Well I was discharged today from the AK to the sheraton arabellapark (very nice btw though no wifi in the rooms and they charge 17 euro's a day for hi speed internet access ). It has been a long day and I haven't gotten to rest all day so I am very worn out.

Today was physical therapy, massage and checkout. (The girls are still very pretty) That is only 4 days from a late Friday surgery, I'm still amazed.

Still no real back pains other than my my body adjusting to being 3cm taller, which is uncomfortable in the hips. I did as much preop stretching as i could.

This has not been pain free so here is an idea of meds, the first couple of days was the depro drip I think it was, followed later by 3 morphine shots. Then I saw Dr Blome who changed my meds to 100mg of tramadol 3x a day, voltaren a nsaid 2x, nexum 1x, to calm the stomach and one with codene 3x I'm not familiar with. I function fine and as things calm down I'll back off the meds. I was never on some of the real heavy duty pain killers at home but was lucky in that i work from the house and could lay down as needed but of course my work & personal life really did suffer.

I know this is a small private clinic (maybe 10 rooms in the spine section I was in) and is by no means inexpensive, but to the very last person, everyone has been so nice and helpful.

Fuzzy it was funny because after chating with you, during my consult with Dr Z, I asked him how he decides to use adr or cage and mentioned a patient he just worked on. He was surprised I knew you and was very happy about your outcome

Tonight is my first night back in the hotel which will be great, but I certainly will miss that buzzer and the nurses that walk in.