View Single Post
Old 12-20-2007, 10:07 AM

Send a message via ICQ to B13s

What I mean is that there is only 1-2mm of disk height left on one side, herniation itself is ~6-7mm in length & width (like bubble). It's something like here http://www.spineuniverse.com/display...supre2a-BB.jpg , only herniation is bigger and left side is higher (so angle is even bigger).
Mine L4/L5 is also dark (similar to L3/L4 in the picture) - I compared it to the MRI that was done two years ago and looks like it didn't became any darker. The rest is fine (at least for now). During my first post-op herniation in the summer the same doctors who did first op advised against second op saying that it won't help much, however herniation wasn't so big at that time. At the same time they mentioned ADR, but also said that it's up to me since there are not enough long term studies. I'm going to see them again next week with new MRI. Also have another appointment with different hospital in January, but don't think that they have enough experience and they do Prodisc only. Probably will go to Alphaklinik as well. In any case I can go for op only in October and have only max 18 weeks to be out of the job. I'm in IT - no physical work required - hope 18 weeks don't sound too optimistic.
My personal opinion is that fusion at L5/S1 only would destroy L4/L5 in no time. ADR at L5/S1 probably wouldn't last long as well. I guess I'd need to go either with fusion at L5/S1 + ADR L4/L5 or two ADR's at L4-S1. And of course there is also option of waiting and living with Neurotin since I don't have so much of the back pain - my mine problem is burning in the legs with some occasional spasms.

Last edited by B13s; 12-20-2007 at 10:18 AM.