View Single Post
Old 12-21-2007, 02:42 PM

Myelo 1
1981 - No Complications
1. did you experience spinal headache? No
2. if you were worked up for complications following myelogram - No complications
3. When you were consented for myelogram, what were you told about complications, rates, etc... - No

Myelo 2
2002 - CSF leak, No infections
1. did you experience spinal headache? Yes
-- had severe headache and uncontrollable vomiting (you went to hospital) - yes, went to hospital after 4 days?
2. if you were worked up for complications following myelogram
2b. Corrective action? (blood patch or other treatment for CSF leak?)
*** First Blood patch - much worse, nausea even laying down, squirming & clutching head
*** Second Blood patch (about 40 minutes after 1st) - Better than 1st patch, but much worse than before the 1st patch. They gave me some vicodins for home but I threw them up. In bed for a week. Headache persisted for 2 weeks or so.
3. When you were consented for myelogram, what were you told about complications, rates, etc... - Can't remember for sure, the tech/nurse who prepped me probably mentioned
LESSONS LEARNED: never go to Overlake Hospital in Bellevue, WA. Overlake Hospital Radiology MDs are cavalier hacks and the staff in general, even nurses and ER staff, are surly prison guards.

Myelo 3
2005 - No complications
1. did you experience spinal headache? No Complications
3. When you were consented for myelogram, what were you told about complications, rates, etc... Probably

Jim
1981 diskectomy
2003 L5S1 Charite

Last edited by Jim M2; 01-06-2008 at 12:39 AM. Reason: correction