View Single Post
Old 12-28-2007, 03:03 PM

Hi Everyone, hope you all had a merry xmas.
I'm back in Florida and today I am 2 weeks post op. I never thought I'd feel this good again.

The trip from Munich to Philly on US Air was pure hell. About a 10 hour flight which is hard enough, but US Air does not have fully reclining seats in business/first class such as the ones on Lufthansa. That would have made it much easier. (US Air cancelled my flight at the gate from Jacksonville, Fl to Philly so they rebooked me the next day on Lufthansa through Charlotte)

I would STRONGLY suggest: finding the shortest flights, avoiding airports with long delays, and fly at least Business class with an international carrier like Lufthansa, it will cost you more but on the way back, will be worth every penny.

I got home Wed at midnight after being up for about 23 hours and it was so nice to be back in my own bed. (But would not mind seeing those german nurses again.)Still getting over the jetlag but back is feeling great.

Before I left a could manage a walk with my German Shepherd of about an 1/8 mile with pain. This morning he got his first mile walk, in over 3 years, and was very surprised. That was two of us. The back muscles are getting much more used to the new implants and soreness is getting less.

Pain meds are tramadol 50, arthritis formula tylenol and flexeril.

**Oh one negative about the operation.** I got in my car to drive to the grocery store when I got back and since I am now 3cm taller, my head hits the roof, looks like I better go truck shopping next.

Happy New year everyone.
Joe