View Single Post
Old 01-04-2008, 12:15 AM

Thank you, B13s, for keeping us updated on your quest for an answer to your spinal problems which is specially interesting as you are in Munich and can walk in of the street for these consults.

I have also visited Dr. Baumbach (6 hours, 800 euro's, in my case) and he was definitely trying to make sure not to rule out any posiblillity even those seeminly rare cases of cervical myleopathy in which the neck does not hurt but something is pushing on the spinal chord and causing exactly what you describe which btw is very similar to the problems that I have had, in my case burning feet that are very uncomfortable to stand on. Baumbach, based on his tests, found reason to believe that *possibly* my neck was involved. So neck MRI which showed nothing clear as daylight but a hint on possible problems. But I had severe lumbar problems and the leg and foot problems often coincided with the events in my back, i.e. sitting certain ways made it a lot worse. So all surgeons said if any surgery then lumbar should be worked on first as I surely need that. Zeegers got the job and found issues in my spine that were not clearly visible on the MRI (reminds me of slot machines, you never know what you'll get). But even though I still have problems 8 weeks out it is obvious that my foot problems were caused by my lumbar spine, knew it the next day when I tested my feet, I now could walk with little of the original problems, only to be replaced with a lot of irritation which I believe to be nerve damage that will take a long time to heal. I wonder if I waited too long. But no one had a clear answer for my problems and Baumbach/Zeegers got a lot closer then anyone else.