View Single Post
Old 01-05-2008, 01:19 PM

Default leg painafter ADR

Dr. B didn't specify how the scar tissue from previous procedure made the surgery more difficult. The surgery took almost five hours, I think that they only planned on three. yes, there is always the issue that the outcome may not be as good. However, L5/S1 was in really advanced stages and there was a question as to whether he was going to have to fuse that level. I told him not to fuse if at all possible and I would take the chance that later it might be necessary. The leg pain that I have it not severe enough to warrant another procedure at this point. If it gets worse over time, I would consider facet injections. I realize that the scar tissue may also require some attention. I did read the article on facet problems after ADR. Quite negative. I also noticed that most of the revsions were with Charite, which has always been the choice for people that have wanted the most movement. May too much movement is not a good thing. The two ProDlisc patients were from 2002, probably from the trials.
I still consider myself to be a successful outcome but have realistic expectations for the future. I don't plan on playing golf or going skiing anytime soon.