View Single Post
Old 01-09-2008, 01:49 AM

Hey guys, thanks
1 of my MRI's from 2000 says small posterior radial tear in the annulus at L4-5(surgery) and L5-S1
Most recent from April of 2007 says nothing about tears in either of the discs, just the HNP at L5-S1
The problem is, I think I overreact every time I have an episode of extreme back pain. It always gets back to tolerable levels,which my wife often reminds me.
I tend to harp on it and get depressed and she says "Pete, it always gets better and this time it will also".
Thing is, it seems to take longer to heal now.

As far as physical therapy, I dont want to sound like a know it all, but Id rather do my own routine then have someone treat me like another number on the chart.
I do my own stretching and exercises,use my stationary bike,eliptical machine,walk on the treadmill and use the inversion table.
While Im sure there are some very good and caring physical therapists out there, but I'm the only one that knows my body and having had to deal with this problem for 13 years now I tend to be very in tune with it.

Good news is my massage therapist(deep tissue massage) after my massage was able to stretch my right hammy at 90 degrees without any back or leg pain,I felt like jumping up and down in excitement.
The chiropractor I use is a good man and a friend.He is very good with his hands and doesnt push treatments on me.
He is also good at filling out paperwork when I miss a few days at work here and there.
I think Im going to ask my chiro to order a new MRI beginning of Feb and let this last episode calm down.Just in case I scheduled an appointment with Dr James Yue of Yale in Connecticut
BTW I'm from NY area so it wont be too long of a ride.Problem is earliest appt I could get was April 2nd.
Patientce unfortunately is not 1 of my virtues, and like you guys have said its better to not rush into anything if the discs structual integrity is not too bad.
Thanks and keep suggestions opinions coming, I look forward to hearing from everyone.
Pete