View Single Post
Old 01-21-2008, 07:32 PM
Administrator

Default Straubing - Hotel Theresientor

Hotel Theresientor

Hotel Theresientor is a modern hotel on the end of the town square in Straubing. All the rooms are spacious and nicely appointed. As with most of the German hotels, a generous breakfast buffet is included in your rate. It's almost 5 years that I've been traveling to Straubing and I always look forward to seeing the friendly staff there. (English will not be a problem.)

There are keenly tuned into dealing with spine patients and have gone way out of their way to accommodate us. (And they give a 10% discount to Dr. Bertagnoli's patients.) They have a couple of rooms with showers that you don't have to step up into. (Post-op, you'll need to shower, not bathe. The standard German tub/shower can be difficult for a fresh post-op patient.) They also have acquired items like bath mats, DVD players and raised toilet seats. Ask and they will provide them. They'll raise your bed if you want, as the typical German bed is not as high as we use in the US).

They will also loan you a cell phone if you need. (You pay for prepaid cellular service. I always use prepaid cellular service there and it's reasonably priced. Outgoing calls to the US can be pricey... but incoming calls from the US are free to the phone... so I just call my wife or my office and tell them to call me right back.)

Zum Geiss, one of the best Bavarian restaurants in Straubing, is just a few feet from the Theresientor and they will deliver to your room and put it on your hotel bill. I don't think I've ever been to Straubing without having a meal there and I've never been disappointed

The view from the hotel is incredible and staying on the Stadtplatz makes your stay in Straubing so much more enjoyable. Just outside the hotel is the most charming street scene. Many restaurants, cafes, bakeries and shops of all kinds. It's great to go out in the evening and enjoy a Gelato. You'll likely bump into people who've helped you in the hospital, out with their families. It's such a friendly and warm atmosphere... staying on the town square really makes for an enjoyable stay, even though you are there for surgery. Also, your friends and family will enjoy the trip more.

There are 3 deluxe rooms that are wonderful. 403 is my favorite because the big windows face the town square and the large private balcony has a garden. 500 and 501 are also over-sized rooms with views of the town square and generous private balconies too. If you look at the patient stories on the GPN page... many have pictures taken from these balconies.

It is so pleasant staying on the stadtplatz here, I often have my clients who have surgery in Bogen, stay in Bogen before and during their hospital stay, then move to Straubing after they get out of the hospital. My wife has surgery in Bogen in a few weeks... that is what we'll be doing.

Mark

Jan 2008 - from the public balcony on the 4th floor.

(note the sign on the bottom right is Zum Geiss)
2002 L4-S1 Charite' ADR - SUCCESS!
2009 C3-C4, C5-C6-C7, T1-T2 ProDisc-C Nova
Summer 2009, more bad thoracic discs!
Life After Surgery Website
President: Global Patient Network, Inc.
Founder: www.iSpine.org

Last edited by mmglobal; 01-18-2011 at 06:34 PM.