View Single Post
Old 11-06-2006, 01:10 AM

thanks fortitudine,

I'm not sure if I actually have bone spurring or not though the edges of the vertebrae do look like they're getting pointier and the last scan talked about uncovertebral joint spurring increasing. I wasn't aware of this before (no other radiologist has ever mentioned uncovertebral joint spurring - my surgeon did mumble the word osteophytes once when looking through my scans earlier on a couple of years ago but I didn't really catch what he was saying and knew very little back then).

Anyway its good to hear that removing them is a routine part of surgery. I'm assuming Dr Bertagnoli has the appropriate tools then. (high speed burr was mentioned elsewhere).

cheers,
Rob

surfing injury 2004 - transient paralysis from neck down for 15 seconds, resolved fully - herniated c5/c6 disc plus some bulging at c3/4/5. Initially had dermatome pain after injury which resolved - general parasthesia in arms/legs was fairly mild after injury but has been worsening.