View Single Post
Old 11-06-2006, 08:11 AM

Quote:
Someone did a study in which they immersed spine patients legs in boiling water. They just took more Neurontin.
lol.

thanks for the reply Mark. I don't have any of those at the moment. I have lately been getting intermittent feelings of weakness in the legs which is one of the things that has been worrying me - its a difficult feeling to describe - a bit like 'nausea', but in the leg - not unlike that woozy feeling after your leg wakes up if its been numb from sitting awkwardly, but I haven't been sitting awkwardly when it happens.

A visit to the GP today, who knows nothing about this stuff at all, but listened to my symptoms, seemed to be taking them all on board, then read the radiologist report - which I've read and for a change I think its quite a detailed and balanced report compared to most radiology reports. The GP picked out one line that says 'no evidence of significant stenosis' and pretty much spent the rest of the session questioning why I thought this was caused by my neck and pretty much ignoring everything I was telling her, which was a bit frustrating. (in spite of other comments in the report that qualify that statement and point out that the canal is not developmentally generous etc.). The GP also didn't choose to actually look at the MRI scan itself. Not that I was even there for an opinion anyway, was just after another referral and some information about which local surgeons did prodisc-C (not able to help in that regard).

Even though it annoyed me a bit, it did get me back to wondering if I'm being overly worried about this stuff. Which is pretty much the point of this thread I suppose. I'll wait to see what my surgeon say's about it all I guess and try to put it out of my mind again for the time being.

surfing injury 2004 - transient paralysis from neck down for 15 seconds, resolved fully - herniated c5/c6 disc plus some bulging at c3/4/5. Initially had dermatome pain after injury which resolved - general parasthesia in arms/legs was fairly mild after injury but has been worsening.