View Single Post
Old 02-10-2008, 10:39 PM

Hi Hope:
I don't know about Spine Nevada or the surgeon you are thinking of seeing.
And I am certainly not an expert on the pluses and minuses of the various cervical disks--so I hope Mark and others will chime in here.

I just had a Prestige ST implanted by Dr. Regan in Los Angeles and I am very impressed with him and with my recovery so far. I did call Medtronic to inquire about future MRI's and was told that there would be artifact at the implanted level but it would be still possible to see adjacent levels...I hope that is true. Although the Prestige ST cannot be implanted at two adjacent levels because it has a flange, Dr. Regan is confident that he could implant the Prestige LP if needed at the next level. Dr. Regan is also involved in the Cervitech trials now.

I do have some concerns about the Bryan. Apparently there have been more problems with heterotopic ossification with the Bryan--which may be addressed with thorough foraminotomy and with NSAIDs post-operatively--and with increased kyphosis. The research literature raises questions about whether the Bryan is only appropriate for a subset of patients.

Just a few thoughts to complicate an already difficult process!