View Single Post
Old 03-02-2008, 05:03 AM

Default re your brother's accident

Yannick,
Sorry to hear of your brother's traumatic spine accident. It is difficult to say whether he will have continuing pain post his stint in the shell or whether should he have surgery he would have more pain and need for more surgery.

Has he been prescribed any pain meds if dealing with high level of pain?

I've had 2 spine surgeries albeit discectomies only and the first one relieved pain quite well, the 2nd one failed and created more pain. And then again my spine is rather a mess anyway of it's own degenerative nature and cumulative spinal insults of sorts.

Each person has a very individual response to injury so it's difficult to say what the outcome will be however it's good that you are trying to seek some information in terms of support for your brother.

You mentioned your father's pessimistic lifestyle which the only thing I can say with regard to your brother and his injury is that while it's very easy to be pessimistic when it comes to spine injuries, pain secondary to spine injuries, and limitations due to spinal pain/injuries, it's far better to try and stay as positive as one can just in terms of dealing with life at hand~ not always easy to do, often quite difficult to do tho for your brother's sake, I'm sure that re directing to thoughts to a more positive nature would be most beneficial, if even just in terms of emotional support. And that in itself can mean so much to someone injured~