View Single Post
Old 11-07-2006, 01:31 PM

Default Another hold up ...

This is something I cannot believe but I'm going to rant a bit here because I've just "been thru it"..

I finally got WC to approve surgery ~ hybrid at this point with fusion at L5S1 and ADR at L4.

Ok, so even tho I was orginally referred to a certain Spine Surgeon at a certain Spine Institute .. that surgeon didn't have time to see me or something like that so referred me to a partner.

I saw this partner twice and the second time he/the office dropped the ball when it came to the paperwork that needed to be done for WC~ there was a 20 day reply time for the paperwork to be submitted. I called and talked with his PA who was NOT helpful at all.. and believe me, being an RN,NP and running offices, performing the same type position albeit in OB/GYN and FP, I KNOW how things SHOULD be done even in EXTREMELY busy offices. I also left messages at least 3 times for a return call and left messages with voice mail for doctor's personal secretary.

OK, so the paperwork wasn't completed and I struggled 9 more months with WC and probably only by utilizing Mark's expertise as a PA on a 2nd surgical opinion did things get approved with WCAB.

WC said I can go to the doctor that I want to go to~ I can have surgery with whomever I want, wherever I want, whenever I want (in the US).

My Nurse Case Manager calls the same Spine Institute to make an appt.with surgeon that I want and the office will not allow me to make that appt. as I have to come in to follow up with Dr. so and so since my surgery has been authorized~

I'm so angry about this that I'm pretty sure I won't go back. It's my choice what to do~ and I'm being told that "the office policy is once you see one surgeon there you cannot change surgeons"...

I'm just so displeased about this~

Last edited by Maria; 05-17-2009 at 08:42 PM.