View Single Post
Old 03-15-2008, 07:35 PM

My new take on the whole "it's in your head" notion.

First I know of very few if any people who like going to the Dr. It is a huge stress for me and not the least bit enjoyable. So if I or any one else continues to go to the Dr. with complaints of pain, limitation of activities, ect...it should be assumed it is a body telling you something. Pain is not normal. It is a warning sign that something is not right. You can ignor it, but then it just gets louder and stronger because your not hearing! Sometimes things are not so obvious on Mri's ect what is really causing the pain. But lets get real...pain that lasts for 3 months to years is probably not "muscle strain" which is what I usually got passed off as.

My new view is it is not what's in my head that is the problem Dr. It is "what is not in your head" that is the issue. Your failure to diagnos the problem and offer a real solution is the issue. So instead of me getting therapy, may I suggest some continuing education in to spine issues! I think that would help me a great deal.

My depression is greatly related by difficulty to finding Dr.s who, after doing tests, and are unable to find the problem, assume there is no problem. Why do they not assume that a problem exists and they are for whatever reason unable to identfy the defect? God forbid if you still have pain after they do surgery and think it should be fixed, then it's either in your head or Fibomyalgia....ahhhhhh that's a whole other way of saying "it's in your head" for some Dr.s!
I'm just getting far to worked up over this whole topic!
Really unless I am being paid to work there I just don't like Dr.'s that much to keep making appts. Infact most of my follow ups appts do nothing for me it just fills their little box of "standard of care".