Thread: Irritated......
View Single Post
Old 03-26-2008, 04:17 AM

Default my experience with clinical trial consults

I was seen twice to get into clinical trials back with Prodisc 2 levels in '03 at UCSF and in Santa Monica. All I remember was that the appointments were considered consultations altho for the first I hadn't had the discogram done however for 2nd I had. Anyway, both appointments had to be approved by my WC insurance before I could be seen.

The first appt. (at UCSF) wanted to get the discogram to see if I even was a 2 level candidate and since the Nurse Case Manager was with me the discogram got approved that same day and was put on a rush schedule since I was out of town.

The 2nd appt. I already had the confirming discogram done that would have allowed me into the 2 level ADR trial and the other necessary tests plus having had seen the surgeon at UCSF and having initially had a letter from Dr.Bertagnoli's office re possible candidacy for 2 level ADR and so forth, however the appt. still fell under consultation and was then this office wanted a few of their xrays done as well ~ something to bill for I suppose.

Good luck. I did run into a lot of left hand not knowing what right hand was doing sort of thing depending on what office I would be dealing with. Some were way better organized than others re the trials it seemed when I was trying to get into them.