View Single Post
Old 11-08-2006, 12:32 AM

Hi Maria

this is the second time I've heard of this BS with doctors being able to refuse to do a second opinion or to see a patient because their colleague has already done so.

I have recently learnt that my back surgery is a screw-up and I am having trouble getting any other surgeon to either see me, or give an honest opinion about what has been done to me if they do. I cannot get anyone so far to offer surgery - no one wants to touch someone else's mistake.

I am continually dumbfounded at the level of self-interest doctors now exert. They are getting close to omnipotent and medicine as you say has become all about the $$$$ for so many of the people who entered a profession that is supposed to be about patient care. It must frustrate you terribly having worked in the field yourself.

Please keep us posted on what you decide to do and/or what options open up to you.

Rebekah
ADR cancelled. Bone graft from the fusion has spread up the back of my spine to L3 rendering me inoperable according to several surgeons.
PLIF has dramatically decreased pain at L5/S1, but the solid, unintended, bone mass I now have up to L3 has created significant pain.
Neurontin and oxycodone