View Single Post
Old 03-31-2008, 10:59 PM

Default Day 5

My day started early with a spectacular sunrise. I wasn't really ready to wake up, but when I opened my eyes and saw the the sky, I had to get out of bed and take a closer look.

I guess I didn't overdo yesterday because I'm still moving pretty well. At breakfast I was amazed by how much more comfortable I was than yesterday. I didn't need to rest after breakfast, so we went out and walked the entire stadtplatz. I napped most of the afternoon, not because I was uncomfortable, but I just feel the need for more sleep since the surgery. It was warm and sunny today and it felt so good with the windows open and a cool breeze blowing through the room. In the late afternoon, we went out again and walked about twice the length of the stadtplatz and wound up having to walk up a hill.

My incision has been hurting a bit more today. I guess it's partly because of the brace, partly because of my increased activity and also because I'm wearing regular clothes again. I think I'll go back to warm-up pants! I don't know how everyone is wearing jeans after their lumbar surgeries.

I made it out to Zum Geiss for another Zander special. Mark went down and ordered so I wouldn't have to sit for so long. Meals out here can take all night and half the next day! By the end of the meal, I was starting to get some minor low back pain; nothing bad. After the busiest day we've had so far, I'm pleased that I've stayed within my limits and am making such good progress every day.

Time for another nap!

Diane