View Single Post
Old 04-02-2008, 06:54 PM

Default Thanks for sharing

Hi Mark. I'm so glad to hear that your wife's surgery went well. Reading about her recovery confirms that ADR is a superior choice to fusion when it is appropriate. As you know, it wasn't an option for me at L-4 to S-1 because of previous fusion and Harrington rods directly above the site. Although I am doing fine now (3+ months post op), there is no way I could have been up and walking around as quickly as Diane has. Out of the hospital in 3 days is amazing. Going for mile and a half walks and long car rides so quickly makes me feel a little envious, but I am very happy for both of you! It must be a huge comfort to her to have you and Dr. B. taking care of her. The pictures of Bogen and Straubing are beautiful. Thanks for sharing your story and the photos. Note to Diane....although our surgeries were different, our incisions are probably quite similar. I wore comfortable, loose sweat pants for at least a month after surgery. Maybe you should send Mark shopping for some dressy sweats that you can wear anywhere and still look fashionable. I hope the rest of your trip and recovery go smoothly. Melody