View Single Post
Old 11-08-2006, 04:15 PM

Red face I went back to work!

Monday was my first day back to work, for a 4 hour day. And it was pretty good. It was the first time I'd really noticed how much more movement I have in my lower back. It was kind of disconcerting, and a little painful, but it seems to be getting better already. I'm glad I'm only doing 4 hour days for the first 2 weeks, because it's very tiring. My workmates are very good about telling me to sit down when I get too ambitious. I draw blood at a hospital lab, and then sit down and do computer work for a few minutes, so it's a perfect mix of position changes. The pain I feel is definately different from before surgery, and slowly decreasing. I think the PT I started Monday too was rough to do the same day. It made my SI joints hurt for a while. I haven't been as diligent about doing the exercises as I should be, but it's hard to convince myself that it won't make my pain continually worse as it did before. I'm giving myself a few days to get used to work, then I'll get after the exercises again. One of these first days, we'd like to celebrate our 8 year wedding anniversary that passed yesterday with barely a mention. Besides all this happening with me, my hubby split his finger open at work (11 stitches), so it's been a great week! I'm just glad returning to work wasn't as hard as I'd expected, despite having a cold.
13 docs, 9 PT's, 8 Epidurals, 3 trigger point inj, 1 Facet Block, 1 Acupuncturist, 3 Chiros and 1 child later, had L4-5 ProDisc placed 9-19-06 by Dr. Janssen in Denver, CO. Facet rhizo March, 2007, November 2007, January 2009
Had healthy baby boy #2 in Dec 2008 with use of some meds during pregnancy and nursing.