View Single Post
Old 04-05-2008, 06:02 PM

Default Neck Pain after Lumbar ADR anyone?

I am nearly 7 weeks post 2 level (l4-s1) lumbar ADR . The great news is that my low back is feeling much improved.

The bad news is that my neck (just above my shoulder blades) hurts bad. It's been going on about a month now and at first I thought it was from lying in bed too much watching TV so we moved the TV up high like in the hospitals. Then I attributed it to being up and about more and the neck overcompensating for the lower back not working.

I did see the doctor a couple weeks ago and he thought it could be nerve related because my arms and hands were having tingling and it should work itself out over time. He's recomended PT which I start on Monday. I'll return to him in a month and he'll order an MRI at that time if I'm still having problems. He was willing to do an X-ray (which he said wouldn't show much) but not MRI believing that I was still too early post op to warrant that. At the time I agreed that was the best course of action and I still plan to follow that plan. I know that one must exhaust conservative measures first and I hope that PT will take care of this. However, I'm getting extremely concerned that this is discogenic pain. This is dejavu of when my low back first started hurting. I can get the muscle pain and spasms around my neck vertabrae under control with 5 mg of diazepam but even Norco won't get rid of the disc pain.

Just wondering if anyone else has had neck pain post lumbar surgery?

Cheryl
2 level Prodisc ADR L4-S1, Feb. 18, 2008 Dr. Bertagnoli - Straubing, Germany - SUCCESS -

Now I struggle with Neck Pain likely c5-7
PT, injections, rhizotomy.......MRI and CT Myleo not consistent with pain symptoms, waiting that out, keeping my passport valid