View Single Post
Old 04-05-2008, 07:00 PM

Default cervical pain ..

I've not had ADR or fusion yet, just 2 discectomies at two lumbar levels. About 7 years ago for the first time my neck "went out" like my low back used to. Had difficulty with use of arms/hands/fingers for about 2 weeks at keyboard or other.

Several more episodes like this but last episode was in Oct. this year I believe and couldn't move my head at all, even looking downward gave me severe pain for several days. After nearly two weeks of very limited use of my neck, I went to Urgent Care and got a shot of Toradol to relieve muscle spasms follwed by appt. with an OSS that week.

I've had a cervical MRI last year I believe and from what I gather, I have DDD at multilevels like my spine, and a disc bulge at least one level that I recall and some other stuff going on like bone spurs.

This past Oct. the other thing that happened and I can't say it was the first time but was the first time that it lasted, I had thoracic pain!!! And this was a stabbing pain right around the bra hook area... man, that pain lasted months!!!!!!

It's just now resolved a bit tho if I do any upper body type of workout I end up with cervical and thoracic pain (lumbar OK).

In my case I was told I have "bad spinal genetics"~ DDD throughout spine, or as my OSS said "crappy spinal situation".

Get a cervical MRI if symptoms warrent. I think there are plenty here that have had cervical symptoms after lumbar symptoms even if not having ADR yet and many I've read about that have had c symptoms and l symptoms after fusion or the c before the l and so forth..

Good luck!! Hope the pain resolves on it's own. I sleep with a cervical pillow every night now!