Thread: My Story...
View Single Post
Old 04-06-2008, 02:19 AM

Default I used to be really freaked out too in the beginning

But now I've had probs too long but here's the thing~

Ok, what you need to know in terms of EMERGENT care or when to be seen in an emergency room should your symptoms progress is that should you have the following symptoms you must be seen ASAP:

Loss of bowel or bladder tone~ you are urinating on yourself without control or having bowel movements without control. Incontinent of bowel or bladder tone.

Loss of feeling in your extremities or one involved extremity (your legs) such as complete numbness. Leg numbness so much that you cannot feel anything or very decreased sensation of extremities.

Loss of functioning of your involved extremity/extremities (your legs). You try to walk and cannot because your legs are so very weak they don't support you or give out.

Severe, unrelenting progressive horrendous increasing pain that isn't relieved with any kind of rest or positioning.

Any bodily symptoms that make you think you are much worse than you were when beginning with this condition as I don't want to limit everything to just your low back although probably if you've the L5S1 disc bulge/herniation that's where your probs will be...

Keep asking questions. It's not uncommon to be freaking out. It's quite normal. If you weren't freaking out that'd be uncommon and not normal!

We are here, someone will reply~ hang in there in the meantime and yes, since you're living in Canada that explains the no MRI right away but what about emergency situations? I hope emergencies are handled in an emergent fashion...