View Single Post
Old 04-09-2008, 09:11 PM

Default Pharmacological relief

I'm so glad I had this appt~ hub picked me up, I laid down on the back seat of the Expedition (so comfy) and the appt. is like 5mins away via freeway so got there quickly, went up to 7th floor at Mercy Medical Bldg. and asked a nice man to move off the bench cuz I needed it for my bad back to lie down and being a gentleman he did.. otherwise I would have laid on the floor (had a towel ready).

I was called in record time while deep in a discussion w/other patients in waiting room re "House" and "Dr. Ben Casey" if anyone remembers him..

My PM listened to my complaints, asked me if I've iced the area as he knows I don't (so cold!) and re the ESI he said "you know it's going to be denied" so I said I wanted him to order it anyway even if it's going to take an appeal as usually I can get it after a few appeals. He said that this is what WC is going to do more and more is deny my services because my case is so old and they want to get rid of me. This I know...

Oh well, got my shot of Toradol and felt much better. Amazing how spasms can be so torturous. At least I could be upright a bit while we got some take out food and then took a tiny walk a half a block with big dog off leash and little pulling one on leash. Still have the sharp jolting feeling in my low back but I'm much more relaxed so it's not happening with every tiny movement. Headed back to bed tho (will ice w/frozen peas).

I think I may have been worried for nothing as it seems like my PM thought my L4 and/or L5S1 was acting up, more likely L4. I think I get too worried about L3 even tho I know which symptoms are attributed to which dermatome and so forth.

thanks Dale, I'm going to make my appt. for my physical and Bone Density test to see where that's at . Next week I see my Primary Treating Doctor for my low back~ I'm pretty sure he'd agree with my request for an ESI, esp. since Sept. '07 was the last one. This is a pretty conservative request so I'm hoping it can be complied with~ sooner than later.

Last edited by Maria; 04-09-2008 at 09:58 PM.