View Single Post
Old 04-11-2008, 02:32 AM
Administrator

Friday morning.... Diane is 14 days post-op and continues to do as well as any lumbar ADR patient I've ever seen. Pain levels are very low... medications being reduced (but still far more than before surgery). The most amazing thing is the ease with which she moves. At 1 week post-op, she would get in the car like a normal person.... left foot and left hip in simultaneously while standing on right. It's pretty amazing how great these early days have been. It's been a long trip and we are so ready to be home... only a few more days. We are 23 days gone now... 3 to go... tired of eating out... tired of hotels... missing our family... It's been a successful trip in so many ways, but we'll be so very glad to be home.

I know so many people who think that a long recovery time here will be useful, but I think that for most people, an extended trip after the stressful surgical ordeal is not what's needed. Also, the motivation to sightsee may be misplaced... may still be too much for the patient.

It's kind of blurry out... my marathon is almost over... I hope to write much more later. It's been a while since the last update, so I wanted to let everyone know that she's still doing well. It's been great to reconnect with so many of you... (Paulette... you rock... don't go saying anything bad about yourself or my Charite's will come over there and straighten your ProDisc out!)

Muenchen StadtOper

Twilight from our balcony at the am Markt
2002 L4-S1 Charite' ADR - SUCCESS!
2009 C3-C4, C5-C6-C7, T1-T2 ProDisc-C Nova
Summer 2009, more bad thoracic discs!
Life After Surgery Website
President: Global Patient Network, Inc.
Founder: www.iSpine.org

Last edited by mmglobal; 04-11-2008 at 02:48 AM.