View Single Post
Old 04-11-2008, 03:59 PM

Default windows

What I'm trying to point out with the *emergency* signs is that there is a window period of time that spinal situations can be addressed. Cauda Equina is one of those rare but truly emergent situations in which one must respond immediately and be seen in terms of window period of time. One would not sit around and wait to see when their bowel or bladder tone would return or legs would become useful again and so forth..

Before my first spine surgery I was having something akin to stress incontinence with leaking of urine however I wasn't coughing, sneezing or doing anything associated with stress incontinence rather I would just "leak".

I had my first discectomy in '89 and that problem was corrected~ I also had a Urology consult during my hospitalization (had urodynamic testing even before surgery).

you have to be your own best advocate and speak up for yourself, and the self educating process when one has a spine problem is great as it gives one more insight to what the doctors are referring to but especially it allows you to form and ask educated questions and often find out information you wouldn't otherwise do so as you just would have no clue...

Google away~ even tho not all that is on the internet is true yet there are some really good websites for information/educating and ChiroGeek's Home Page is one of them. Also check out Back Pain: Trusted Information for Pain Relief | Spine-Health
check out the lending library section here to see what books might be recommended and there is an article section as well that is being developed.

Last edited by Maria; 05-17-2009 at 07:30 PM.