View Single Post
Old 04-13-2008, 09:12 PM

Default Changing symptoms

Hi there, was reading your comments with interest. I have a similar problem...spend so much time doing very little that the minute I have any pain relief I am off wanting to do things.....when I was the 'old me', vaccuming or similar could never be described as 'over doing it' - it was nothing at all!

You mentioned about knowing the symptoms of the different levels - could you explain these briefly? I had a microdiscectomy for L4/5 in Nov 06 which didn't work and caused right leg pain. I am due a dynesys on May 1st due to instability. Pain has been mostly down left buttock, leg, stabbing in left toe with back spasms approx once a month however after discectomy this altered to right leg too a little. Now, with 3 weeks to go til next surgery I have (unbeknown to surgeon) started with knee pains, strange sensations in soles of feet and pain in back lower down (I can feel it particularly if I press that area). I am panicking it might be another disc further down - could it be the same one?? MRI in Nov 07 showed no sign of anything else but as well as this new pain/sensations I have also had difficulty going to the toilet to use my bowels - like it has slowed up. Doc says she thinks this is just stess but I'm wondering if anyone else has experienced these problems. My worst nightmare would be to have this op in 3 weeks to find that I have another disc and it could have been dealt with at same surgery - anyone any ideas/suggestions???

Thanks Rjay