View Single Post
Old 04-15-2008, 05:01 PM

Default perhaps pestering..

Was a bad choice of words tho I meant not to feel like that as I'm sure Dale was getting to. I feel the same way about health care~ it's a commodity.
And I don't like rudeness or abruptness. There is no reason for it as far as I'm concerned. If there's an emergency, sure, go to it.. otherwise there's no fire that one has to run to. Ok, so back on track.. call your doctor if there are new symptoms and you're concerned...do not wait until the day of surgery to tell the doctor.. timing would be a bit off then, ya know!

Yesterday I was in Urgent Care for simple allergic conjunctivitis/allergies. I needed prescription eye drops.. I knew this. Ok, so when I finally get my prescription and go to the pharmacy~ the insurance wouldn't cover the 10 drops and they were going to cost $118!!!!!

I asked the clerk processing this script if there was a generic. She said no. I told her to ask the pharmacist if there was a similar medicine covered by the insurance and he immediately replied "yes" with he had to call the doc for the script. The doctor was out of the Urgent Care on lunch break until 3p.m.

Mind you I had waited from 10a.m. till now nearly 2p.m. in terms of a simple urgent care prescription so I was really getting ticked off.. I expressed myself without swearing ~ a miracle at this point as I was really disgusted and the pharmacist took care of the script/call within 15 minutes/reaching the doctor.

Instead of paying $118, I paid a $15 copay. So it pays to speak up! Do not fear your own voice/questions~ fear not expressing yourself/concerns and regretting it later!!!!