View Single Post
Old 04-16-2008, 04:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmglobal View Post
rjay.... what levels are being addressed? If bowel problems are adequately explained (meds?), that's one thing... but if they are not adequately explained and you have the onset of new neurologic symptoms including bowel issues... I would think they'd want to evaluate them... prior to surgery.

Mark
Hi Mark

Hope Diane is doing well - she looks great on the pics you posted.

Just L4/5 to be done with dynesys - like I said, my MRI showed no probs in Nov 07 with adjacent levels. I do have scar tissue from the microdiscectomy - I have instability (I think from the microdiscectomy?) which radiates symptoms in both back and legs (only had left leg probs before the microdiscectomy). I only do ibuprofen, heat pads, rest and acupuncture to controll pain so I know it's not meds that are 'slowing me down'!

Do you know of any discs lower that could cause knee pain and the odd sensations in the soles of my feet? The part of my back which if I press it hurts is at least 1-2 inch below my L4/5 discectomy scar.

I do suffer with neck/shoulder problems too which have never had an mri (cos insurance couldn't cover them with lower back as they've been going on too many years) and these are also worse at this time than ever (pins and needles in left palm, pain running down arm)- can't see how they could be related to my bowel problem but thought I'd better mention it in case!

thanks, Rjay