View Single Post
Old 04-22-2008, 05:54 PM

Default cervical/lumbar

rjay
If you have no contraindications for using Magnesium as a laxative you could try that. I have bought it in powder form and mixed it with some hot tea and had good results, however I'm taking opioid pain medication so what I might use for bowel assistance may be like dynamite to your system. We each have to regulate ourselves on our own regime as you are finding out with the Senakot. I think that Senakot S with the stool softener would be too much for you if you had overwhelming results with half a Senakot (sounds like you don't need the stool softener part maybe).

I've probably mentioned this before tho will again. I've had two right knee surgeries so I have some instability and tracking problems in this knee still (left as well) and there have been times that my OSS thought it was my L4 disc that causing my knee problems vs. solely knee itself. I had PT for my low back and knee at this time.

I have various sensations in my right leg particularly, and foot that have been designated to be mostly L5S1 related. Things like numbness of toes, foot, going up the leg, feeling like something is crawling on my leg or there is a wet feeling on the lower aspect of my leg, or drops of water..

Usually I don't even bother to check the leg out anymore to see what's going on tho sometimes the sensations are so very odd that I will check~ always to find there is nothing there (no water, no bugs..) The latest time it felt like I urinated on myself which I definately didn't!!!

Hope you're doing OK and have emailed your doc and gotten a response. I saw my OSS last week and he said my L4 and L5S1 are practically bone on bone thus his explanation of my numerous recent flare ups.