Thread: Blue fingers
View Single Post
Old 04-24-2008, 09:25 PM

Default blue fingers

I have this every winter if my hands/fingers are cold as well as whenever I might feel cold. I seem to have no tolerance for heat or cold yet am OK thyroid wise and no Reynauds either. This all really started perimenopause and has persisted. I have arthritis in my thumbs and and forefingers.

For myself I have to keep my head, neck and chest warm as well as my hands. My toes also turn blue.. but I don't care to have my feet all bound up as I have too many probs with my toes/feet.

My mother used to have problems with her fingers as well turning white/blue and I bought her gloves to wear almost all year round, even summer time when she was in a/c.

I usually layer clothing even in hotter weather as I'm always adding and removing some layer of clothing to preserve body heat or dispell it. Plus having to keep my neck and back feeling warm enough that there won't be tightening up due to cold intolerence and spasms as a result of so much tightening and torking (seems to happen very easily in my neck musculature).

Last edited by Maria; 04-24-2008 at 09:29 PM.