View Single Post
Old 04-28-2008, 12:25 AM
Administrator

1. Insurance issues are still a nightmare... most providers will not pay for ADR. Occasionally I see patients successful, but for the most part... we are still self paying.

2. I know scores of patients who have gone to Bertagnoli (and have been there with dozens... including my wife 4 weeks ago!) Yes... payment in advance is the norm.

3. This is a long conversation... feel free to call me. (While this is my business and I charge for my time... I'll spend 1/2 hour with you no charge.)

4. As far as I know, with cervical ADR, he's the most experienced. I've seen him do amazing surgeries.... look at Bradley's 6-level cervical procedure on the GPN website.

5. Canada was pretty slow on the uptake with ADR. I'm sure that they have some experienced surgeons, but I don't have any info on them.

6. I don't pay attention to neuro/ortho.... I want to deal with someone who only does spine and has a great deal of experience with what I need. I also prefer dealing with surgeons who have a complete toolkit and have great experience in many types of surgery.

Good luck... I'll probably miss you by a few days... I'll be back in Straubing/Bogen in mid-June. All the best,

Mark
2002 L4-S1 Charite' ADR - SUCCESS!
2009 C3-C4, C5-C6-C7, T1-T2 ProDisc-C Nova
Summer 2009, more bad thoracic discs!
Life After Surgery Website
President: Global Patient Network, Inc.
Founder: www.iSpine.org