View Single Post
Old 11-10-2006, 11:59 PM

Thumbs up update

Thank you all for your thoughtful replies. I thought I'd wait for an update before responding~ here is what I have to report:

WC is miffed at the idea that Dr.X's office states a policy that won't allow change of physicians (prior to any surgical intervention) when WC is referring to a specific surgeon. The plan is to get the referring surgeon to make a call and/or write in my behalf.

As a second option (tho actually my continuing first plug/desire) I brought up surgery in Germany with Dr.B (have brought this up quite a few times) and this time was advised to get all the pertinent info sent to Nurse Case Manager and she will forward it to the Claims Adjustor who at this point cannot turn anything down re surgery so it will forwarded to the CA. WCAB and maybe just maybe the difference in $$$$ would be an eye opener (!!!) but mostly I have to show that I would have someone to follow me up here after surgery in case anything happened later on and need to have some stats/info on Dr.B ~

Something should move along one way or the other ~ since at least the fight for authorization is over, thankfully~

I'm enduring a major flare up right now and have to be travel ready (Florida next friday/3 seats coach/Air Tran w/change of planes in Indiana going and Atlanta upon return... need to be well enough to take my father for some testing that he needs to have~

Oh yes, the flare up by in large was brought on by an evening "run on the beach" with my dog and playing ball w/her. I must have been crazy but I actually was so amazed at myself that I felt I "could" run and was loving it...I play I pay...

I have been so bogged down by this flare up that I left a message for my NCN to see if I might get an "emergency ESI" squeezed in before my trip ... I know rest is what I "have to" do but ESIs are like magic for me~

Maybe some Cadillac Margaritas would slow me down