View Single Post
Old 05-07-2008, 02:39 AM
Administrator

Well, we've been in Miami for 2 days now. Diane's activity level is very high. The flight over caused her L ankle to swell a little and to become mildly uncomfortable. We believe that is part of the sympathetic nerve issues mentioned in the 'warm leg' post. Along with that... her L heel is very dry, while her R foot is completly normal.

She's enjoying the conference and is able to sit and walk better than I. Standing still still gets her, but she manages quite well as I stop to talk to so many people at great length. We just got back to the hotel room, more than 12 hours since we left this morning. Tough, busy day... especially since we both started the trip already behind the curve with little sleep and high activity levels in the days that lead up to the trip.

So it's all great news still.

We had an amazingly warm moment this morning as we caught up with Thierry Marnay, the inventor of the ProDisc. He's used to seeing me at the conferences and was very pleasant as always. When Diane thanked him for inventing the ProDisc and told him that she was less than 6 weeks post-op, he said, "You've got 2 ProDiscs?" He was so very happy to hear our good news... he stepped forward and gave Diane the warmest hug. We talked for a long time about so many things... It was such a pleasure to see him enjoying this so much. I experience a small taste of this with my work, but for him, the gratification that he receives from moments like these must be enormous. This occurred in the back of the main hall and the moderator of the next session was clearly perterbed with us, because he was trying to get the next session started and Dr. Marnay clearly wanted to keep talking... and the next session was his!

2002 L4-S1 Charite' ADR - SUCCESS!
2009 C3-C4, C5-C6-C7, T1-T2 ProDisc-C Nova
Summer 2009, more bad thoracic discs!
Life After Surgery Website
President: Global Patient Network, Inc.
Founder: www.iSpine.org