View Single Post
Old 05-09-2008, 12:31 AM

Default bad genes ..

Cheryl,
When my neck started to bother me back about 7 years ago I had several episodes that started out just like my low back. Splicing pain across my neck and then I couldn't move it hardly in any direction. The first few times I also had some problem with numbness in arm, problem using keyboard/fingers and so forth.

So about the 5th time my neck was giving me probs I heard after xrays and MRI that I had "bad genes" and DDD throughout my cervical spine like my lumbar and the cervical spine was going to go the way my lumbar spine had.

I heard it from my OSS last year.. and then last fall I had this really awful episode with my neck where I couldn't even roll my eyeballs downwards without severe neck pain let alone move my head from side to side or in any direction.

It took about almost 3 months for my cervical symptoms to really subside nearly totally. I will admit that I had posted here and at another forum and because the people with cervical problems urged me to go to the ER or Urgent Care I did end up in Urgent Care upon the 3rd week of pain and got a shot of Toradol which helped greatly, then I was seen by an OSS for further eval. Now I believe what I was told re the DDD and my cervical spine having similar probs as my lumbar spine even if not quite as progressive yet. I'm just hoping that I will get to deal with my lumbar problem first before having to deal with the cervical one since I've been a "lumbie" now since 1982.

I'm sorry to hear your cervical spine is giving you problems and hope the symptoms will let up at least so you can hold your head up to cook and also to function as painlessly as possible.

Hang in there and get the best diagnostics/opinions you're able which it sounds like you're doing. Glad to hear your lumbar ADR is doing OK meantime.

Last edited by Maria; 05-09-2008 at 12:38 AM.