View Single Post
Old 05-10-2008, 07:30 PM
Administrator

I hope that we are coming to the end of the frequent posts... and this is just a few days later than, and so similar to the last one... but I think that this is wonderful and I want to share it.

I had a similar moment myself, when I got to spend some time with Karin Buettner-Janz and Dr. Zeegers together at SAS4 in Vienna... the co-inventor of my disc and the surgeon who implanted it. Well, the picture below was taken at exactly 6 weeks post-op for Diane. We were at a cocktail party at the very end of a very long day. You'll read about it on the SAS blog soon.

Dr. Thierry Marnay, Diane, Dr. Rudolf Bertagnoli

This was great for both of the doctors. They see patients when they have surgery or when they are in pain. It's not all that often that they get to see their handiwork wearing such a huge smile.

Diane and I are home from SAS now. No meds... no back pain... little sciatica with activity... but now her threshold for what constitutes too much activity unbelievably high. (Actually, she does not have to stop... she just has to put up with mild sciatica after an incredibly long day.) She has stopped wearing the brace with no ill effects.

I'll only post when there is something significant to post now...

All the best,

Mark
2002 L4-S1 Charite' ADR - SUCCESS!
2009 C3-C4, C5-C6-C7, T1-T2 ProDisc-C Nova
Summer 2009, more bad thoracic discs!
Life After Surgery Website
President: Global Patient Network, Inc.
Founder: www.iSpine.org

Last edited by mmglobal; 05-10-2008 at 07:32 PM.