View Single Post
Old 05-13-2008, 03:50 AM
Administrator

Dear Anastasia and Matt,

I'm so glad to hear the Anastasia is improving and life is getting somewhat better. I understand the frustration that it will never be what it was, but for so many in such dire situations, any improvement is a godsend. I hope to hear the A's recovery continues and that the years to come bring something close to a normal life with normal activities.

I smiled when I read Dale's "Regan's a jerk... Bertagnoli was great" post. (my words, not hers.) It shows something that I discovered a long time ago... ALL of these guys have many patients who think they walk on water... and many patients who think they are evil incarnate. I've seen it many times... after failed surgery, there is often a falling out with the doctor.

Regarding your treatment on the other board.... you'll find that moderating an internet forum can be very touchy at times. There is a fine line that must be walked. We all hope that we can come to places like these and get useful information that will help us to make an informed decision about our treatment. I encourage failed patients to come and tell their story, so people can more certainly understand that spine surgery is still not an exact science. Even in the best of circumstances, we'll see a few disasters like yours. That is the risk we take when we consent to do surgery.

So please... continue to share your story here. I hope that the improving trend continues. While we've met in person a few times, I've only seen the 'in pain' Anastasia... I would love to get to know the relaxed, happy, vivacious Anastasia that Matt knows from years ago.

All the best,

Mark
2002 L4-S1 Charite' ADR - SUCCESS!
2009 C3-C4, C5-C6-C7, T1-T2 ProDisc-C Nova
Summer 2009, more bad thoracic discs!
Life After Surgery Website
President: Global Patient Network, Inc.
Founder: www.iSpine.org