View Single Post
Old 05-19-2008, 03:34 PM

Default Supine workstation

I have long done a modification of this type of workstation. I found that the zero gravity chair works for me in terms of position. This is as close as I had ever gotten my position correctly in the bed to work on a laptop.

The position that works best for me now in terms of lumbar and cervical is cervical roll, under neck, flat back to lumbar area as best I can do and bent knees (raised legs at knee up about 6 pillows worth) . My neck is giving me nearly as much probs as my back. It's a pain to try and accomodate both areas..

Dental chairs all the way back are awesome for me. I think it drops low enough that just puts my head a bit lower than the rest of my body and still need cervical support.

While a supine workstation is viable, I still question my body not being in use so to speak in terms of loss of muscle tone and weight bearing for bone strength.

While it may behoove me to continue working from a supine type of station, I can't see a full 8 hours a day/ 4 to 5 days a week this way in terms of musculoskeletal health. Then again there is necessity of $$$$$ ... and yeah, I probably could do a variation of my former job/work from home.

Last edited by Maria; 05-19-2008 at 03:36 PM.