View Single Post
Old 05-19-2008, 06:26 PM

Default farnsworth123 Prodisc L4/5, L5/S1 April 2004

Quote:
Originally Posted by farnsworth123 on June 15, 2004
SURGERY DATE: April 2004

AGE AT SURGERY DATE:33

SURGEON: Dr.Zucherman

SURGERY LOCATION/CLINIC: St. Marys, San Francisco.

DEVICE(s), LEVEL(s):Prodisc 2 Level, L4/5, L5/S1

COST = ?
AMOUNT BILLED:
INSURANCE ALLOWED:
OUT OF POCKET:
TRAVEL:
EXPLANATIONS?

ONSET OF LUMBAR PROBLEMS, DATE OF INJURY, CAUSE, ETC...: 5+ years of back problems, stems from lifting and being tall and lean.

PRIOR SPINE SURGERIES AND PROCEDURES (IDET, ESI, etc...): Only procedure was IDET in 2001. 2 levels done with no help.

PRE-OP MEDICATIONS: Norco,Mobic,Robaxin, Zanaflex

PRE-OP DIAGNOSTICS (discogram, nerve root blocks, etc...): Mris,X-rays

PRE-OP NEUROPATHIES (what, where, & degree of pain, numbness, tingling, sexual/bladder/bowel symptoms, etc.): 100% back pain. bouts of Back spasms that would render me unable to move and caused shortness of breath. Pain everyday mostly in the 6 to 7s (pain scale) Felt pain right in the disc area of back then radiating out from there to the hips and up back.

PRE-OP CONDITION (Please include %leg pain/% back pain, pain levels, type of pain, ability to work and function, disability status, etc.... be direct, but be as verbose as you need to):

TIME POST-OP AT ORIGINAL POST HERE:

DESCRIBE YOUR SURGICAL EXPERIENCE: Pretty much tons of pain after surgery. Big time drymouth. I was put on morphine and that helped a little. Wasnt able to eat for a long time (4 days) They got me up and walking the next day. Pretty much hell for me for 5 days. Had a long drive/ride home which was fun too. Doctor and nurses were great though.

RATE FUNCTIONALITY / SATISFACTION AT INTERVALS BELOW:

FUNCTIONALITY:
1. Very poor: much worse... disabled after surgery.
2. Poor: worse after surgery.
3. Neutral: No improvement, or improvements offset by new problems.
4. Fair, some improvement, limitations are still serious.
5. Good, substantial improvement, some limitations.
6. Excellent: no limitations.

SATISFACTION:
1. Very sorry I had the surgery.
2. Somewhat sorry I had the surgery.
3. Too soon to tell, or I'm ambivalent about the surgery.
4. I'm somewhat glad I did my surgery.
5. I'm very glad I did my surgery.

FUNCTIONALITY: _4__ SATISFACTION: _3__ [6 WEEKS POST-OP]

FUNCTIONALITY: ___ SATISFACTION: ___ [3 MONTHS POST-OP]

FUNCTIONALITY: ___ SATISFACTION: ___ [6 MONTHS POST-OP]

FUNCTIONALITY: ___ SATISFACTION: ___ [1 YEAR POST-OP]

FUNCTIONALITY: ___ SATISFACTION: ___ [2 YEARS POST-OP]

6 WEEKS POST-OP - DESCRIBE LIFESTYLE / PAIN / MEDICATIONS / NEUROPATHIES / ECT... (discuss surgery induced symptoms [leg pain?]): Im pretty much getting around. I still am using a cane though. My incision area feels pretty good. Im almost to the point where I was pre surgery. I have had some minor setbacks but feel that they will go away. I do feel more flexible in the ADR area of my back. I am able to sleep pretty good at night now which is better than before. I will be starting physical therapy in a pool soon. Medications are the same but I am not taking any muscle relaxers since the surgery. Mainly taking Norco for pain which starts the minute I wake up and get up.

3 MONTHS POST-OP - DESCRIBE LIFESTYLE / PAIN / MEDICATIONS / NEUROPATHIES / ETC... (discuss surgery induced symptoms [leg pain?]):

6 MONTHS POST-OP - DESCRIBE LIFESTYLE / PAIN / MEDICATIONS / NEUROPATHIES / ETC... (discuss surgery induced symptoms [leg pain?]):

1 YEAR POST-OP - DESCRIBE LIFESTYLE / PAIN / MEDICATIONS / NEUROPATHIES / ETC... (discuss surgery induced symptoms [leg pain?]):

2 YEARS POST-OP - DESCRIBE LIFESTYLE / PAIN / MEDICATIONS / NEUROPATHIES / ETC... (discuss surgery induced symptoms [leg pain?]):
Waiting for an update from farnsworth123.