View Single Post
Old 05-20-2008, 05:25 AM

Send a message via AIM to did-it -again
Default microdiscectomy redo

Hi everyone I just found this site, I herniated 3 disc back in june 06 I had a fusion done in my neck. Waited a few months after that to do the next surgery a "Double Microdiscectomy" at levels L4/L5 & L5/S1 with in the first 2 months the L5/S1 reherniated. My Doc wanted to take the disc out but I wanted to wait and see what would happen he said it can get better or worse. Well it got a bit better the disc slipped back in to the point where it relieved the L5 nerve and is just bulging. then about 3 months after that the
L4/L5 reherniated this time it caused a lot of problems with my left leg surgery was a must. In the beginning I was told after the first surgery on my lumbar spine I had an 8% chance for them to reherniate, well from what I've said here both reherniated. Now I was told the risk is higher and if they herniate a 3rd time I will have to have a fusion. I also have slight signs of DDD at L2/L3 and L3/L4, my recovery has been slow I still have trouble with my leg, lots of pain when I apply weight to it, the surgery was almost 3 weeks ago. I am worried about the quality of life I will have and worry about every time I move or bend if this will happen again I don't want a fusion. My Doc. also told me if I have to get a fusion he is sure I will herniate at the next level up. I haven't worked since I got hurt it's been just about 2 yrs now I miss working, it's been a hard thing to go through. Has anyone gone through this and how is it going for them I know everyone's life is different but some input may help.