View Single Post
Old 05-22-2008, 05:52 PM

Hello Anasthasia, you are a warrior. I like yur travel arrangement. Good to know it can be done that way.

Thanks for the thoughtful update. I read every word of it.

I am a german native and travel there all the time and those doctors will see me again, sooner then later. When I had my surgery last november I stayed there 6 weeks, not 2. I own a condo there. Doctor Z can not get away from me. I also have doctors amoungst my german relatives.. so I am in a similar situation as you.

My back has healed up great but I still have lots of neurolgical trouble with my feet that obviously are coming from my neck. I was the dr.s in Germany who discoverd this and told me this would likely persist after the lumbar surgery and my neck would be next. It looks like they were so right. Here in US they throw pills at me and tell me its in my brain. Insurance takes the right to tell I don't need another neuro workup etc etc.... So I still feel really good about the germans and their no nonsense approach to solving the problem. We as patients ofcause need to be caveat emptor and understand our situation better then the doctors and know the risks and deal with them. Not an easy task.