View Single Post
Old 05-24-2008, 04:49 PM

Default doc's visit

Cheryl,
Last year when my OSS told me my cervical picture was normal for my age I was wondering if I was supposed to be living with headaches so frequently, neck pain so often, and just generally feeling like I couldn't do crap because I had to either watch out for my neck or my back or both...

This past fall when my neck went out and it really went out I was so limited for weeks! Couldn't even think of walking the dogs and heaven forbid taking care of small children would have demolished me completely!

Just last week my neck was once again hurting because of the dog walking and pulling on leashes and I had to stop walking the dogs, leave it to my husband and/or friends and *that* drives me nutz.

I don't live with the dogs (or hub) at present and as soon as I returned home, didn't have anything to do with dog walking, I was fine. Just needed to stop activity that creates spasms I guess in that instance.

As a mother of young children that isn't possible so I can fully understand your dynamics .. in fact really I didn't have kids due to degree of probs I had with my low back most of childbearing years.. but really that's not the best option I'd recommend to anyone else.

I'm sure if you could have a full time nanny you would so won't recommend that one.

I hope you'll be able to see someone else and get another opinion or at least ask this doctor to do some flexion extension xrays.

take care of yourself as best you are able given your circumstances which sounds like it's going to be tough~