View Single Post
Old 05-25-2008, 05:32 AM

Matt,

I'm sorry that you are experiencing this spinal hell. Watching a loved one in pain is difficult and exhausting. It's been five years since Mark's chronic pain, and it's still difficult for me to think back to those days. Don't feel guilty about being able to live yourself. If I wasn't so busy with work, childcare and housework, I don't know if I would have made it. You need to take care of yourself so you can remain supportive. I was fortunate to have a best friend who would call me up and take me out even when I tried to decline.

Don't beat yourself up about the decision for ADR, sounds like you did your research. I'm sure it wasn't all your decision. As far as ADR vs fusion I don't have any magical answers. I'm happy the first ADR patient 24 years ago was willing to try the procedure. He still plays tennis and because of him I have a chance with my ADR.

Don't give up, recovery can be a long process. When Mark was at his lowest point, we got a puppy. I know that sounds crazy! Who needs the extra work, but it worked magic. Maybe an older dog would be easier, but they are great for companionship.

Diane