View Single Post
Old 05-25-2008, 07:01 PM

Default re a puppy

The only thing I have to add here is in response to the puppy idea. I got Lola and the thing that used to bother me so much was walking yet now I can walk and walk. I thank Lola for that. She gave me a reason to walk as well as the daily motivation. She's not a well trained dog and in fact she's terribly spoiled and has a mind of her own as mini schnauzers do but thanks to Lola I'm quite the walker now and even lost the excess 10 plus pounds I had been carrying around for years.

BTW, Taffy is a really sweet dog. Lola's companion, Leila is a nearly 8 y.o. lab (my stepson's) and she is so well trained and great to walk as well. In fact she doesn't need the leash at all.

Should anyone get a dog to walk, make sure that the dog isn't walking you. That can lead to problems with tugging of one's own body parts which may lead to flare ups of injured parts.

While I can pretty easily walk Lola alone, walking Lei and Lo together has lead to flare ups with my c-spine.

This is a bit off topic re what's better, ADR or fusion. I say dog walking in my own case for now is better than either since I've not yet had further surgery....