View Single Post
Old 11-14-2006, 06:02 PM

Default Welcome!

Hi!
Sorry to hear you're in pain, but you've come to the right place! It sounds from your other thread that you're looking into laminectomy/discectomy. Been there! My docs wouldn't even talk about surgery until I had failed 6 months of conservative care- 3 epidurals, 2 PT's, etc. (before just the first surgery). My NS wouldn't have done mine at all, but my pain was all the way down my leg, and was way worse there than in my back. Lami's don't really help much with back pain, only the leg, in my experience. It did get my pain down to tolerable, tho it never fully went away. Unfortunately the disc was weaker, and reherniated inexplicably. I wound up with another lami, and not enough disc to support my spine. 3 years after the second, I was down to 4 mm of disc, and had an ADR. I don't regret my decision to do the lami's-my pain was intolerable and ADR wasn't an option I knew of back then. I'm not recommending any course, just wanted to add my 2 cents from my experience. I think you've come to the right place for the info you need. I hope you get some relief soon!
13 docs, 9 PT's, 8 Epidurals, 3 trigger point inj, 1 Facet Block, 1 Acupuncturist, 3 Chiros and 1 child later, had L4-5 ProDisc placed 9-19-06 by Dr. Janssen in Denver, CO. Facet rhizo March, 2007, November 2007, January 2009
Had healthy baby boy #2 in Dec 2008 with use of some meds during pregnancy and nursing.