View Single Post
Old 06-15-2008, 03:36 AM

Quote:
I do is every 4 or 5 nights stop taking it for a night or two. Of course I don't sleep and my muscles are much tighter but it tells me I'm not addicted.
This is not to offend you, but you clearly do not understand how Benzodiazepines work!!!

The half life of Valium (Diazepam) can be as long as 200 hours!!! Stopping for shot periods plays no role in your ability to tell if you are Physically Dependant (Physical Addiction).

The fact that you do in fact "feel" symptoms when you are "off" the drug even for short periods is an indication that you are in fact physically addicted. Psychological addition is a whole new ball game.

You should NEVER play with your dosage.

http://www.benzo.org.uk/ashvtaper.htm -- read up! Valium is an incredibly difficult drug to come off of for many people.

Narcotics are in fact addictive, but work in a different part of the brain. And unlike Benzo's there are actually drugs that can help you come off of them. Not true for Benzo's you just suffer the withdrawal.

American Doctors are VERY uneducated on Benzo's because they do not understand the devastating effects they have on some people.

If your Doctor just looked at you and said nothing, you seriously need to find another Doctor.

You NEVER "Cold Turkey" a Benzo, you always taper or you put yourself at risk of seizures and death!

You would be well served to find another Doctor and start tapering off of the Valium. There are other solutions for sleep.

This is the voice of experience. I had an extremely difficult time coming off.

Due to the effects that benzodiazepines have on the brain they can sometimes produce "dependence" or "addiction" in people if taken regularly every day for more than about 4 to 6 weeks. Dependence or addiction means that you cannot manage without them because if you stop them you get withdrawal symptoms. In the worst cases withdrawal symptoms from the benzodiazepines could include anxiety, tension, panic attacks, poor concentration, difficulty in sleeping, nausea, trembling, palpitations, sweating and pains and stiffness in your face, head and neck. These withdrawal symptoms could occur several days after stopping your benzodiazepine. They may last from one to three weeks but can go on for months. If you have taken them for a long period of time your doctor will need to take you off your benzodiazepine gradually. This will be by reducing your dose slowly over a period of time to reduce the chance of withdrawal effects.

HealthSynergyRx.com

Last edited by nopain; 06-15-2008 at 03:41 AM.