View Single Post
Old 06-23-2008, 04:32 AM

Unhappy

Thanks Kanutta for the link to the German board. I am not good in German but I used a free translation to read it and translate it. It basically told of some people who sounded like they were in a situation much like mine except they only had the one level problem at L4/5 which is the really difficult ProDisc to remove. Facet issues seems to be a common problem. One person said that they had L4/5 removed in early 2007, but did not say who removed it. I hope that there is someone on this board who is fluent in German and could contact that person and see who it was that removed it for them. I am still trying to figure out what to do. My pain management doctor told me Thursday that he thought trying a spinal cord stimulator first was my best option. I am just not sure what to do. I have a 3 level problem and I don't think realistically that there is a doctor anywhere that wants to touch me and even if they could, I probably couldn't afford their price. It is so sad that when a person is in pain and depressed that the doctors want to send them for psychological testing before they will touch them. The doctor that was going to do the surgery in February made me go see a certain psychologist for testing and he said that I was fine to have the surgery. Then, the surgeon decided I had to get something done with the SI joints first and cancelled the surgery. Then, the pain management doctor told me I should be careful with that doctor because he didn't have my best interest in mind. I went to another doctor who said try a spinal cord stimulator first so I went to my pain management doctor and he said I will have to go back to that same psychologist for the same stupid test to have a spinal cord stimulator put in. What is up with that? I am not crazy, I just hurt! I am so frustrated!
Roblin