View Single Post
Old 06-23-2008, 09:57 PM
Administrator

Joanie, I'm so glad that the vertigo stopped.

A week ago, Diane got out of bed and was slammed with vertigo. This has never happened before. We thought that she stood up too fast or some other nonsense like that, so she got back in bed to relax for a few minutes. It was clear that she did not feel normal, but we still tried to write it off as no big deal. After about 10 minutes, she got up again and was still dizzy. We discussed the possibilities and both agreed that it was probably nothing, but how can you ignore this... It would be stupid to have a stroke and write it off to 'no big deal'. We decided that it was prudent to hit the ER. They were not too worried, but did a head CT to rule-out the bad stuff. The head CT showed that she did NOT have a sinus infection... it would have been nice to be able to say, 'probably a sinus infection', but that was taken away. The ER doc seemed completely uninterested beyond covering his rear... "go see your doctor on Monday!" I guess that is a good course of action, because by Monday - 2 days later - the vertigo was gone and it seemed much less urgent to us as well. The ER doc says that he sees this all the time.

I just wanted you to know that you are not alone in this. Even though it turned out to be nothing, I think that unusual symptoms that could be something much worse, should be dealt with. You have to rule out the worst possibilities. Your symptoms seem to have lasted longer than Diane's... I hope that they remain gone. Let us know what you decide about seeing the ENT... please let us know what he says.

All the best,

Mark

PS... Nopain... great info about bppv!
2002 L4-S1 Charite' ADR - SUCCESS!
2009 C3-C4, C5-C6-C7, T1-T2 ProDisc-C Nova
Summer 2009, more bad thoracic discs!
Life After Surgery Website
President: Global Patient Network, Inc.
Founder: www.iSpine.org