View Single Post
Old 06-24-2008, 10:29 AM

Thank you all for your replies.

re. facet replacements. Yes, the 3 different types are being trialed in the UK, though I don't know the details of where etc. The type he thinks is best is called Fenix and describes itself as a "Facet Resurfacing System", which is somewhat different from the other 2. The company's website is gerraspine.com. It makes specific reference to using it in conjunction with ADR and states, "All Salvage Options Open – No bridges are burnt during this procedure". However, there is limited information on the site and I've emailed them with some questions.

The fusion that would be one of my options would be over the ADR, but reading your 2nd point, Jim, makes me aware of questions about this which I would need to get answered.

The EDS can't explain the absence of any response/reaction to the ADR.

I have followed your (lack of)progress, Lyndsay and been so sorry that your ADR has proved to be such a disaster and, indeed, a mistake/error to have done. Like me, your problems would preclude you from a trial, even if you wanted to consider that. Though it is possible to get this done now outside of the trials, but obviously one is something of a guinea pig at this stage.
‘87 Sclerosant injections
2000 Spinal fusion L4/5 L5/S1 – left with internal nerve damage: permanent leg Pain & impaired mobility.
2/04 Acute episode became new baseline - Housebound & severe pain
6/06 Discogram +ve L3/4,L1/2. + SI joint problem.
10/07 ADR L3/4 (Active L) Dr Zeegers - no impact at all