View Single Post
Old 06-24-2008, 11:38 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to Lyndsay Send a message via Skype™ to Lyndsay

Hi again

Thanks for your reply. I'll have a look at the website shortly as I am certainly interested.

When I saw the NSS last month we discussed again a fusion revision & I explained my concerns which he said were well founded & that he too had been doing some research. As it is at the moment I'm going through all the new tests to confirm to him that my L4/L5 needs replacing (I discovered from my original notes that where I reported it as positive in the discogram it was noted but my original surgeon ignored it for reasons only known to him). I also asked the question that because of the problems I've had since having the Prodisc if this will exclude me from further ADR, if it were another Prodisc then yes because of the problems but predominently because of my facets.

The NSS then went on to tell me that there is a new ADR that is more natural currently being trialled by him & another northern surgeon that I could be elidgible for but also he uses Active-L which at least can be removed. The NSS also said that I should let him know the results of my facet injections because there was a better permanent solution he could offer so I wonder if he's also trialling the facet replacements? I'll definitely ask him when I next speak to or see him. I know I need to have further surgery but I'm glad that I'm not rushing into it (who wants to!) as so much seems to be changing all of the time.

Apologies for rambling (I'm good at it lol!!), my brain is a bit foggy this morning & I hope you can understand what I'm on about as it's not the most jointed of replies lol!!

Take care x

36 years old
DDD
Rupture/Herniation from 97 >
End Stage Facet Joint Arthritis
Fibromyalgia/CFS
Discogram 4 Oct 06 +ve L4-S1
ADR Pro-disc L5/S1 15 Nov 06 ~ Disaster
March 07 Xray's show Exaggerated Lordosis in the lumber spine, PT can't correct
Various injections including Facets
2008 Dx Hypermobility Joint Syndrome (EDS III)
2009 Still on too many meds & in too much pain
Awaiting CT/Myelogram & poss revision