View Single Post
Old 06-26-2008, 03:54 PM

Rosedee

I'm so sorry to hear about your current situation. It must be so frustrating having had your ADR surgery with a top surgeon and for it to have had no effect..

Mark do you have any direct knowledge concerning the different facet technologies currently in trials or in development. The Fenix system by gerraspine certainly looks interesting and I like the idea that ‘no bridges are burnt’. If this system is effective and can be implanted without causing excessive ‘collateral damage’ then it looks pretty promising.

Mark from your experience, talking to the top world surgeons, does there yet exist an accepted protocol for ADR revision? Do the majority of surgeons favour the safer option of leaving the ADR in place and fusing posteriorly (supposedly via a gutter fusion) with rods and screws? If so what sort of results are they getting?? Have you personally witnessed or discussed the real world feasability and safety of removing the ADR via an ALPA/XLIF approach and replacing with an interbody fusion?

Rosedee, I can’t help but be somewhat surprised that Dr Z. apparently missed your advanced facet degeneration. It will be interesting to hear his response to your current predicament.

Whatever decisions you make for your future treatment I wish you all the best and hope you can stop by now and again to give us an update..

All the best
Tim